Monday, March 1, 2010

Hello, My Name Is...

I've wanted to start a blog to chronicle my daily life for quite a while now. I may be a bit behind in doing this as a New Year's Resolution but as a mother of two children under the age of three I'm usually a bit behind in everything that I do. But nonetheless, here it is- the story of my daily life. This isn't necessarily all about babies, children, or family but I'm sure that those topics will monopolize most of my posts. But here you will find out about what I'm reading, what my beautiful boys are doing, things I like and don't like, and my opinions on a myriad of other things. I hope to leave you with things to think about, things to smile about, things to laugh at, sometimes things to fume over, but mostly to share my love with you.

I hope that I can articulate the love that comes with being young, married, and the mother of two as well as the frustrations and headaches that sometimes accompany that. I hope that I can convey one tenth of the happiness that I feel when looking at a sleeping child or one tenth of the heart ache that comes with their tears. I hope to bring laughter as I share the sillier moments. I hope to share the sense of what's to come, the unlimited possibilities that are children. Mostly I hope I can show you that although you may look at me and see nothing spectacularly important I feel like the luckiest woman on Earth.

I would like to end my first official blog post with this. Take from it what you will. And please, please, if you haven't read Shel Silverstein go out and buy a book of his poetry.

Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
There is a place where the sidewalk ends
And before the street begins,
And there the grass grows soft and white,
And there the sun burns crimson bright,
And there the moon-bird rests from his flight
To cool in the peppermint wind.

Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black
And the dark street winds and bends.
Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow
We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends.

Yes we'll walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And we'll go where the chalk-white arrows go,
For the children, they mark, and the children, they know
The place where the sidewalk ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment