Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Reminders

A friend of a friend is going through something terrible right now. She is burying her husband of only ten months, the father of her two month old baby girl. The worst part is that this wife and baby girl have been sharing their Marine with us, with our entire country. He never even got to hold his daughter.

God works in mysterious ways. My heart breaks for this young woman who is dealing with more heart ache, sadness, and pain than I can even imagine but my heart also swells with love for my husband and two boys. I hope that we can all not only take time today to pray for Rachel, daughter Ariana, and all of Cpl Jonathan D. Porto's family and friends but also to take inventory of all the good we have in our lives. Let's think about how lucky we are for the time that we have with loved ones.

The title of my blog, "Live. Love. Laugh. But Mostly Love." is how I feel about this sad news. I hope that everyone who reads this takes time today to love someone and to celebrate life and love. I pray that in Florida Mrs. Porto has found the strength to do the impossible- to celebrate a life that was ended too soon.

My prayers and thoughts will be with Rachel today though I've never met her. I will take time to pray for all of the soldiers, sailors, and Marines that sacrifice everything for us. But I think even more importantly I will take time today in honor of Cpl Jonathan D. Porto to love my family, to kiss my children, to talk to my husband and to really truly and honestly do my best to live, love, and laugh.




Here is a link to Mrs. Porto's blog- http://www.alittlepinkinaworldofcamo.blogspot.com/
And if anyone is interested in making a donation there is information there on a trust fund being set up for two month old Ariana.

No comments:

Post a Comment